Thursday, October 25, 2012

We did it!

He's here and we did it!!! 
I can't even begin to explain how amazing it is to have my baby to hold, smell, love and smile with.
He is absolutely perfect. It was so surreal when he came into this world. My water broke at 3A.M October 8th i was 37 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, and the day before Danny and I went on a walk around our new neighborhood, we took a drive out up to park city.
I was having lots of contractions for a couple of weeks, they kept getting stronger and stronger and that night Cruz was moving all around and my contractions where coming on but nothing that stayed.
I woke up to go to the bathroom and laid back down and Cruz was seriously moving all around, i even said to him "slow down baby, i want to sleep" and then right then i heard a pop and I shot out of bed and sure enough my water was breaking!!
It was crazy! Danny was running all around the house getting things that i kinda prepared for this moment!
 We get in the car and i call the hospital to let them know we were on our way and the lady answered "OB emergency, this is IZZY, how can i help you?" ummmmmm hello?!?!?
If that wasn't a sign from God that Izzy is close to us then I don't know what is!
We got there and sure enough Izzy took care of us and was sooooo sweet. I told her I have a baby angel named Izzy, we both got teary eyed.
Sure enough i was in labor, it didn't take long for Cruz to make his appearance. I pushed him out in 4 minutes! He was just so ready to come into our world and heal our hearts. It's been amazing ever sense.
He is such a sweetie! I love kissing his face. I love his toes. I love holding him. I love that he needs me to survive. Ohhh I love him. I love him so much, that it hurts. He literally has changed my heart.
It hurts to know that I really did lose all this with Izzy, wow its so crazy that I've been without this for a year and a half, and now i have it! Every little thing he does, or we do together makes my heart leap with joy. I love it, I love him I Love Love him! Now i know why it was so painful to have lost Izzy, it hurts so much cause even though i don't have her I love love love her!
One morning i was talking to Cruz and I was talking about how special he is to come to our little family, telling him he has come here to heal our hearts and help us be closer to Izzy, and no joke he smiled his first smile. It was so amazing! I even had time to grab my phone and get a picture.
I kept talking to him about his sister and how leaving her was probably bittersweet, and yet I'm so glad he came down here! Ughhh I can't even express how much love I have for my babies!



18 comments:

Paula said...

He is so perfect! Congrats, congrats and congrats. What beautiful babies you make. <3

Dan and Liz said...

I am so happy for you and your little family. I know we don't know each other well and only met that one time at the sports mall with Ali, but I feel so close to your tender stories and thoughts that you write here. So good for me. It's been almost four months since Naomi passed and reading your blog is helping me through this process. Best of luck, new momma!

Nicole said...

He is scrumptious!

Congrats, mama!

Wow what a sign, for sure, in having a nurse named Izzy.

Laura Beck said...

So happy for you!! I hope that someday i can experience the joy and love that you are feeling!
Congratulations! A mommy to two special little ones!

Renel said...

Wow wow! It's about time lady :)he is so perfect. He does look a lot like your husband I think. I'm so happy for you. We lost our daughters the sane day and had our rainbows with in 1.5 months of eachother. I am just so overjoyed for You, for us. How cool your nurses name was Izzy! Love to you my friend

Stephanie said...

That was such a beautiful post! I got teary reading it. What a blessing that nurse Izzy was for you guys! And I literally got chills when I read about his first smile...
Congratulations!!

The Johnson Crew said...

Oh I love this!!! Congrats. It made me cry lots of happy tears for you guys. What a cute family you have.

lots of love
Gayle

candice and tom said...

Molly he is so adorable! i would kiss his checks all day long too! i am so happy for you guys and i cant believe you only pushed for 4 minutes! i am so jealous! Congrats!

Whitney said...

He is so so SO handsome, and look how happy you are!!! Having a rainbow baby is such a bittersweet thing. So much happiness but so much sadness because it only amplifies what you missed with the other. It is an amazingly good bittersweet! So happy for your family, Molly!!

{Carli} said...

You do not know me, but I have followed your story after my friend Lauren Dalpias told me about your little Izzy. My husband and I lost our little Benjamin last August due to my placenta no longer functioning. He came at 29 weeks measuring only 24 weeks (1 lb. 1 oz.), he is our angel and when we found out we were pregnant 5 months later with his little sister it was bittersweet! I have loved reading your raw and sweet emotions that I too have felt in some way! Thank you for your strength! Congrats on little Cruz! Our sweet Emma too was born October 8th via C-Section! I hope all goes well, I know Izzy is close, because Benjamin too has been near in such sweet unexpected ways!

Radiant Red said...

I am sooo happy for you! I am sure I will have a similar experience when I have by baby girl in February. I don't think anyone understands the pain and joy that you have when you have your baby after losing your first. I know that I have had conflicting emotions since we lost our little angle baby Porter. I am just so happy that you finally have your baby!

@udj said...

What a beautiful baby. I love Cruz already so much. Ive been wanting to see,photos and hear about how you were all doing, I've thought about you but haven't wanted to disturb your world. :) someday can we come visit? we love you guys!

Angela said...

Hi Molly-- We went to high school together but I don't think we ever talked to each other. Haha! But I just wanted to say congrats on your little sweetie, I am soooo happy for you guys!! This post made me tear up-I'm just so happy your little guy is here and safe and the story of his 1st smile was just the best! Congrats again!!!

Shelley said...

So so so very happy for you!!! I can definitely relate to your overwhelming joy! Our Jeremy was just born on the 26th. It was so amazing to get to bring my baby home with me this time!

Heather and Rich said...

Molly,

I just really wanted to tell you congratulations and that I am SO very happy for you two. This is Heather Hawker from Oly - I read your blog and have kept up with what you guys have had to go through and it breaks my heart. It is so good to see you guys so happy, and Cruz is just adorable.

CONGRATS on your new bundle of joy ;) you are one tough cookie

Kristine and Ryan said...

He is so beautiful Molly, congratulations.

Lianna Black said...

I am just a friend you haven't met yet and have seen your story in the news. I also follow your foundation on FB. Congratulation on your new son, he is so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your story and for all the inspiration you provide. I am a mother of 3 precious little ones and would like to help your foundation when I get to the point in life that I can. I think it is really wonderful what you do. Best wishes to you all and I hope you will find all the joy you can have and then some!!!

Michael said...

Oh my goodness…I am so happy for you guys! He is so stink'in adorable. Thanks for sharing your birth story. Of course it made me all teary-eyed…it was so sweet. 4 minutes!!!???? That little boy was ready to come out. Looking forward to following your new life experiences. :)